Theopolitical reflections on Katy Perry's "Chained to the Rhythm"

Katy Perry went public with a new music video for her "Chained to the Rhythm" single last week.



I was up late grading when it came across my desk and, never one to waste an opportunity to divert my attention from grading, I proceeded to watch the video. For everything that followed you can blame Katy and co. for this symbolically rich piece of art.

To make a long story short, I sent out a number of tweets on the subject and then gathered them into a "moment," reproduced below.



==================================


Subscribe to Die Evangelischen Theologen

Comments

Popular Posts

So, You Want To Read Karl Barth?

So You Want to Read….Dietrich Bonhoeffer?

2010 KBBC: Week 1, Day 5

Karl Barth on Hell, the Devil, Demons, and Universalism – A Florilegium

2010 KBBC: Week 3, Day 1